难度系数: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
一、英文原文
We have to treat the broken ankle first, before we can get back to improving the quality of your performance. And it's the same way with sleep. So, if you think you have a sleep disorder, just go and speak with your doctor. That's the best piece of advice, where do we stand then in all of this conversation about sleep? Well, I think the evidence is clear. We can think of sleep almost like a life-support system. In fact, some may even call sleep a super power.
二、逐句翻译
1. We have to treat the broken ankle first, before we can get back to improving the quality of your performance.
必须先医治受伤的脚踝,才能恢复状态、提升自身表现水平。
2. And it's the same way with sleep.
睡眠问题也是这个道理。
3. So, if you think you have a sleep disorder, just go and speak with your doctor.
因此如果你发觉自己存在睡眠障碍,就前去咨询医生。
4. That's the best piece of advice.
这是最实用的建议。
5. Where do we stand then in all of this conversation about sleep?
综合整场关于睡眠的探讨,我们该如何总结看待?
6. Well, I think the evidence is clear.
我认为相关事实依据已经显而易见。
7. We can think of sleep almost like a life-support system.
我们可以将睡眠视作一套生命保障系统。
8. In fact, some may even call sleep a super power.
实际上,有些人甚至把睡眠称作一种超强能力。
三、重点词汇
• treat /triːt/ v. 治疗,处理
• broken ankle 扭伤的脚踝
• performance n. 表现,发挥水准
• sleep disorder 睡眠障碍
• evidence n. 证据,依据
• life-support system 生命维持系统
• super power 超能力,超强本领
四、核心句型 + 仿写句子
1. before we can do sth 在能够做某事之前
You need to rest well before you can keep working.
好好休息之后,你才能继续工作。
2. It's the same way with... ……亦是同理
It's the same way with mental health.
心理健康方面也是一样。
3. think of A like B 把A看作B
People think of kindness like warm sunshine.
人们把善意比作暖阳。
4. call sth + 名词 把某物称作……
We call persistence a valuable treasure.
我们把坚持视作珍贵的财富。
五、读音评分:
